Friday, September 09, 2005

I'm being forced to write this...

Our topic is the essence of toaster-ovens. The questions toward which this inquiry leads us are puzzling and exciting, often opaque, but always in some sense there to deal with and make sense of. These questions must be encountered for they constitute the very essence of what it is to be a human insofar as toasting lies at the core of our being.

The kinds of toasters, or more specifically, toaster-ovens, that should provide some sort of focus to our inquiry are manifold. They must all be dealt with in turn.

The first and most common sense notion of the essence of a toaster-oven, inaugurated by the ancients and carried forth into our intellectual and metaphysical history, is that of the "two-tiered" or "double" toaster-oven. Interesting that the "essence" of the definition of toaster-oven is based on a relation to the notion of a "single" toaster-oven, but hey, who said toasting was rational?

As the Scholasticism of the Medieval era dawned as the predominant authority in all matters toasting and otherwise, the notion of toasting as well as the essence of "toasting-ovens" was exposed to a subtle but important revision. No longer was the double-toaster associated with what it meant to really "be" a toaster-oven. A sense of individuality, a toaster-oven unto itself, was adopted as authoritative, and the single-oven toaster emerged on the horizon to take the place for which it had been hitherto denied.

Today, the question of Toaster-Ovens has long since been forgotten. It behooves us to study this question because it is through an understanding of the essence of toasting and toaster-ovens that we glimpse a portrait of ourselves, ambiguous as it sometimes may appear.

6 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger craig45anne said...

Earn between $14.37 & $48.99 per resume writing sold, depending on the type of resume & your affiliate level. Resume Writing is our best-selling service. Click Here for more information.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger kevinalexander58924728 said...

Click Here Now Mortgage rates as low as 3.95%
$150,000 mortgage for $494/mo. Other loan amounts available. Up to 4 lenders in 24 hours.
Save money Click Here Now

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Galando said...

Great information on your site folks. I also am working on a discount bead site. I'll bookmark yours if you bookmark mine. You can find it at discount bead.
Again, nice site folks...I'll be baak...:)

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family

Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Mortgage Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about mortgage calc so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home